Thursday, March 19, 2015

Spring!

March 20th marks the first day of spring!  Even though there is still snow on the ground, my kids and I are anticipating spring like never before.  Our thinking is if we read about spring, write about spring, and talk about spring, it'll come sooner!

We started off with an acrostic poem about spring.  If you've never done one, an acrostic poem uses the letters in a word to begin each line of the poem.  All  of the lines in the poem should relate to the topic.

I always brainstorm spring words to help the kids write their poems and I always love how they come out! 
Since we've been reading some fantastic books about the season, the kids have done a great job coming up with words.

I created these Spring Acrostic Poem Sheets that you can grab here for free! They are available in both portrait style and landscape style for those kids that write a bit more.







I've got some creative kids who love to draw!

Check out some of their poems:











 my Spring Craft and Close Reading for grades 2-3 and create these adorable bunnies. They are No-Prep!







No comments:

Post a Comment