Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year's Activities


Happy New Year!

It’s the start of a fresh new year which  seems like a perfect time to make a New Year’s resolution.  I always find that I can never quite follow through when I make a resolution so, instead, I'll try to set a goal for the upcoming year. This year's goal is TBD. Any thoughts on a good one besides eating healthier and getting more organized?

This year, the kids created their own New Year goals/ resolutions for our 'Toast to the New Year' bulletin board. 
We watched the book, Squirrel’s New Year’s Resolution, on youtube- you can see it here. 
It’s an adorable book about a squirrel who learns that January 1st is a good day to make a resolution. She learns what a resolution is and struggles to come up with her own. Through helping her friends, she realizes she has already come up with her own resolution.

 



    


We created our own little ‘toasts’ and the kids wrote their goals for 2016. Their first sentence would state their goal and their second sentence would explain how they would attain this goal.
Ex. My New Year’s goal is To meet this goal I

My New Year’s resolution is I plan to
 

 They outlined their toast on brown paper and added some hands, a party hat (from scrapbook paper) and a pom-pom.  Love them!
 


Want to try this with your kids? Grab a FREE copy of your own toast and bulletin board topper here!
Feel free to share your New Year's goal or if you plan to try this in your class.
 
 
Happy 2016!
 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Glad you love it!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I can't seem to get the free template. It says not available.

    ReplyDelete